Can I change the sum insured after the policy is in effect?
You can adjust the sum insured through your online portal:
- Log in to your online portal
- Click “My protection” and choose the “In-force” policy
- Select the relevant policy and click “View”
- Click “Modify policy”→"Adjust sum assured" and follow the instructions to make the adjustment.
For increasing the sum insured, please note：
- You need to apply for a new policy for the additional sum assured. The health declaration date and effective date of your new policy will be the new application submission date. As your health conditions may change since the application of your existing policy, the final underwriting decision and premium may be different.
- Your existing policy will remain effective. The health declaration date and effective date of your existing policy will remain unchanged.
For decreasing the sum insured, please note:
- Your request will be effective on the next date of anniversary renewal. The new sum assured will be effective on the next date of anniversary renewal under a new policy number, and the waiting period will be calculated based on the existing (old) policy effective date.
- 2. Your existing (old) policy will become ineffective. When your request is approved and effective, your existing (old) policy will become ineffective on the same day.
- You will need to apply for a new policy if you would like to increase your sum assured in the future. 4. The additional terms of the existing (old) policy (such as the premium loading and case-based exclusion) will be carried over to your new policy.